AGM – Meeting minutes – 17th March 2013
Present: D Buffham, C Heppell, S Heppell, M Schmid, J Parkin, A Graham, S Morrison, C Ford, J Bell, D Legg
- Membership has increased from 23 to 54 members in the past 12 months with more potential new members to join. Currently 26 men and 28 women.
- Most members have not previously been a member of a running club before so we are meeting our objective of being a community running club. We are also attracting members from beyond the very local area.
- We have increased the number of sessions and plan to include high school sessions and the handicap race this summer. Attendance at the sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday regularly attract double digits.
- Tony Blair sports foundation relationship has strengthened over the year. We have 8 LiRF’s following on from Jon Parkin and Adam Graham qualifying in January.
- Race participation has increased over the 12 months and record club entry for the 2013 coastal run (16).
- Cross-country: Credit to John in organising this. Need to expand the number of runners next year but we are underway and hopeful of a stronger showing next year.
- Website and facebook – most FB posts are viewed by around 50 people. Website works well for new members looking for a club in the area. Not sure how much current users access it.
- Club championship intended to promote race running. Seven runners in first (freezing cold) event. Leadership has changed hands already.
- Social – post GNR Monday in the Diamond, Christmas meal, AGM, handicap race & picnic. Any other ideas from members?
- Next years AGM to be later in the year so that end of March accounts can be prepared